About this site
This page contains information about the accessibility features of this site, including levels of conformance to industry standards, how to use this site, useful links and resources and the option to give feedback.
It is our intention to continue to make this site as accessible as possible. Should you experience any difficulty in finding the information you require in the appropriate format, you are encouraged to contact us.
Conformance to industry standards
Standards compliance is an integral part of creating functional and accessible websites. As a result, the pages on this site adhere to the following standards:
This site follows World Wide Web and it also complies as far possible with the recognised Web content Accessibility standards set by the W3C Web Accessibility Initiative and CAST. All pages are level A compliant which means that no users should find it impossible to access their content, and the majority of check points meet level AAA (the very highest level of accessibility currently defined).
This site has been developed to ensure content is available to the widest possible audience, including readers using assistive technology or accessibility features. Features employed in this site to make information more accessible are:
• The pages on this website are all printer-friendly – just the LEMS logo and the page content will appear on any printouts you make.
• This site uses CSS for visual layout. For optimal viewing, it is recommended that you use a browser with CSS2 support. If your browser or browsing device does not support style-sheets, the content of each page will still be readable.
• All text uses relative font sizes so text can be enlarged or reduced using the text size options available in visual browsers (see instructions below).
• All informational images contain an ALT tag and decorative images are either relegated to the CSS document or have a null ALT attribute.
This site uses the following Access Keys to aid keyboard navigation:
Contact page = 9
FAQ = 5
Site Map = 3
Disclaimer and copyright page = 8
Changing the text size
If you wish to increase the size of fonts on this (and other) sites, use the following instructions for popular web browsers:
• Internet Explorer 5.x and above – select View | Text Size from the browser’s menu bar. You can also select Tools | Internet Options | Accessibility | Ignore fonts.
• Netscape 4.x – select View | Increase or Decrease Font from the browser’s menu bar or press the Control key and the [ key together.
• Opera – press the + or – (minus) key on your number pad
You may need to use plug-in applications in order to access or download some files on this site. Here is a list of applications and links to free downloads.
• Some documents are in PDF (Portable Document Format). Before you can read them you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader which can be downloaded free from the Adobe website .
• Some documents are in DOC format (MS Word). Microsoft WORD and some other word processors are needed to view these documents.
• E-mail address links generate an e-mail if an active e-mail package is installed on your computer.
External links may open in a new browser window to allow you to switch between the LEMS website and the newly opened page.
Useful Links and Resources
- World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
- The Royal National Institute for the Blind (RNIB)
- The Special Educational Needs and Disability Act (SENDA)
- Disability Discrimination Act
If you have questions or problems with accessing the London Exam Marking Services website, please get in touch via our contact page.